Thursday, June 12, 2014

25hrs and counting

My happy little family headed home after finding a new cache!


In about 25hrs I will be collecting my kidlets from school for the last time until September. Eeek! I can't wait. Oh... wait. Official vacation comes to an end. Well that's ok. I'm sick of school. And I'm not even the one who has to go. Go figure. But I have a summer of fun waiting for us. Unfortunately the fiance will have to sit out on a lot of the fun. However, last night, in tradition with the lengthening days we went for a stroll to town. Part of the reason is we discovered a new geocache to go find. Part is to help work off some of this winter fluff and well mostly because we had enough daylight left after eating dinner and washing dishes.

So we walked the .68 miles down to where our geo-finder pointed us, found the cash and then made a loop around the next block so we wouldn't have to backtrack too far. Adding a little extra to our walk. Of course the geo-finder tool only gives us the as-the-bird-flies approach so the walk itself was a little farther. Oh but how fun would it be to fly!

As a side note, completely unrelated to geocaching, school coming to a close and evening strolls to town we discovered we're not big fans of ground beef anymore. Weird right? We've been living mostly on deer, goat, alpaca and chicken with a little pork and fish to fill in the gaps but I got a hankering to try beef after... I don't know how long... and well, unless it's a perfectly cooked steak or ribs I think I can do without.

Oh, my mom and 13yo nephew will be coming up to visit from down south for a week sometime next month. I promised to plan a couple of walk in cache hunting with a possible over night camping trip. Should be interesting. I introduced my mom to geocaching last year and she really got into it. She loves hiking and the thrill of finding something hidden with a souvenir you can take home is something you just can't pass up.

Chores and little helpers.

As far as my vacation being mostly over due to the man in bed from 9ish till 4ish. I think my face is suffering. I haven't used a deep-cleansing peel in almost a week. And I have to put my make-up on before 9am, which if you know what it means to have no where to go officially until 3pm then you understand. Who the heck needs make-up on at 9am when they don't have to face the world until 3pm? Not me. But I hate leaving home without putting my best foot forward. :-/ Of course he teases that I look ready to go somewhere. Ha! I just smile, kiss him goodnight and carry a load of laundry out as I go. Such the life.

I'm not complaining.

The upside to being locked out of the master-bathroom the majority of the day is I'm getting a lot more writing done. Yup. I have a feeling it's going to come to a halt once the kids are home full-time, it's hard to write romance when your 12yo and 6yo daughters are there to remind you that romance just doesn't happen often enough and will be happening less frequently without the ability to "take a nap" at 9am.

That's ok. We'll keep ourselves too busy to think about romance. Off to the woods to hunt caches! Maybe I'll take my laptop along and see if I can't find a comfy place to sit, let the kids roam like wild things and get lost in a scene or two.

Well back to writing... I have about 3hrs left. I should be able to scrounge up another 1500 words to my budding (~9800 words so far) romance "For Granted".


If your kids are already home from school for the summer check out www.geocaching.com it's a load of fun and kids love it. Take a couple of small things to trade for the treasures inside and don't forget a pen.

If your kids are still in school, check it out anyways and plan some fun. Ha! Can't lose either way.



No comments:

Post a Comment