Saturday, June 14, 2014

First Weekend between Vacations

Collage of Awesome!


Because the fiance works graveyard shift our weekends don't officially start until Saturday mornings. Although the girls were let out of school yesterday at noon and we had a special celebration of geocaching and roasting weenies on a fire.

Sissy, my oldest daughter doesn't like her picture taken on fun family outings "Not cool Mom!" so I had to trick her by making her think I was taking a selfie. :-D I don't like my pic taken either, family fun or not, I'd rather take one or five of everyone else. My little one loves her picture taken but refuses to do the candid camera thing if she knows she's in the spotlight. :-/ The fiance is fine with it as long as he doesn't have to see the picture. Go figure :-)~

Anyways, so yesterday we spent a few hours in the afternoon cache hunting and roasting weenies. It was pretty damp but the fiance is a backwoods kind of guy and no challenge is too big. He loves hunting things too, which is where geocaching turned to wildfire as soon as he realized what it involved. What guy doesn't like hunting treasures?

Oh so for MY first weekend between Vacations. Lucky duck fiance got the weekend off. I say lucky because he probably won't see another day off until September. Because of this luck we are loading up the SUV and going exploring until Monday (graveyard shift means his work week starts Monday at 11pm).

This is the first year in 4 years that I haven't had a goat in lactation (yes, you read that right, I use to keep a couple of dairy goats for all sorts of yummy homemade dairy foods - I'll tell you about that some other time) in June so I'm eager to be in the woods. Besides that, I found out during the week, driven by fantasizing about disappearing into the mountains for the summer that there is a special uses permit for the national forest that allows you to build a hunting/fishing/summer cabin. Who knew? So we're going to go check out our local national forest which lucky for us we have 3 different ones within 50ish miles from home, the closest is only 21ish miles. Yay for cabin in the woods!

Summer vacation, er um... between my vacations, rocks! Even if I seem to be the most enthusiastic about it.

Hope we run into S'quatch! :-!

No comments:

Post a Comment